Terms of Sale
Please read the following important terms and conditions before you buy anything on our website and check that they contain everything which you want and nothing that you are not willing to agree to.
Summary of some of your key rights:
We must give you certain key information in a clear and understandable way before we form a legally binding contract.
Up to 14 days after receiving your goods, in most cases, you can change your mind and get a full refund.
Goods we sell to you must be: as described; fit for purpose; and of satisfactory quality.
During the expected lifespan of your product you're entitled to the following:
- up to 30 days: if your goods are faulty, then you can get a refund;
- up to six months: if they can't be repaired or replaced, then you're entitled to a full refund, in most cases;
- up to six years: if the goods do not last a reasonable length of time, you may be entitled to some money back.
This is a summary of some of your key rights. For detailed information from Citizens Advice please visit www.citizensadvice.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
This contract sets out:
- your legal rights and responsibilities;
- our legal rights and responsibilities; and
- certain key information required by law.
In this contract:
- 'We’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ means Tarbraxus Distillers Ltd; and
- ‘You’ or ‘your’ means the person using our site to buy goods from us.
If you don’t understand any of this contract and want to talk to us about it, please contact us by:
Who are we?
- email firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- telephone 07956 865343 - Monday to Friday: 9 am to 5 pm. We may record calls for quality and training purposes.
We are registered in Scotland under company number: SC562490. Our registered office is at: P.O Box 2098, Livingston, West, Lothian, Scotland, EH54 0HN.
Using Trade mark Pentland Hill Gin using Brand name Pentland Hills Gin
2) Information we give you
- If you buy goods on our site you agree to be legally bound by this contract.
- This contract is only available in English. No other languages will apply to this contract.
- When buying any goods you also agree to be legally bound by our website terms and conditions and any documents referred to in them;
3) Your privacy and personal information
- By law, we must give you certain information before a legally binding contract between you and us is made. If you want to see this key information, please:
- review the product information on the product you intend to purchase;
- read the acknowledgement email (see clause 4.2.1); or
- contact us using our contact details.
- This information forms part of this contract (as though it is set out in full here).
- If we have to change any information once a legally binding contract between you and us is made, we can only do this if you agree to it.
which explains what personal information we collect from you, how and why we collect, store, use and share such information, your rights in relation to your personal information and how to contact us and supervisory authorities if you have a query or complaint about the use of your personal information.
4) Ordering goods from us
5) Right to cancel this contract
- Below, we set out how a legally binding contract between you and us is made.
- You place an order on the site www.pentlandhillsgin.com. Please read and check your order carefully before submitting it, if you need to correct any errors you can do so before submitting it to us.
- When you place your order at the end of the online checkout process (eg when you click on the [‘pay now’ button]), we will acknowledge it by email. This acknowledgement does not, however, mean that your order has been accepted.
- We may contact you to say that we do not accept your order. This is typically for the following reasons: (a) the goods are unavailable; (b) we cannot authorise your payment; (c) you are not allowed to buy the goods from us; (d) we are not allowed to sell the goods to you; (e) you have ordered too many goods; or (f) there has been a mistake on the pricing or description of the goods.
- We will only accept your order when we email you to confirm this (Confirmation Email post payment processing). At this point: (a) a legally binding contract will be in place between you and us; and (b) we will dispatch the goods to you. 4.3 If you are under the age of 18 (or the legal drinking age in your country of residence) you may not buy any goods from the site.
- You have the right to cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any reason.
- The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from receipt of goods for your order.
- To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this contract by a letter sent by post or email. You can use the model cancellation form set out in the box below, but it is not obligatory.
To Tarbraxus Distillers Ltd, PO Box 2098, Livingston, West, Lothian, Scotland, EH54 0HN] [email@example.com]
I/We [*] hereby give notice that I/We [*] cancel my/our [*] contract of sale of the following goods [*]/the supply of the following service [*],Order no [*]
Ordered on [*]/received on [*],
Name of consumer(s),
Address of consumer(s),
Signature of consumer(s) (only if this form is notified on paper),
Date [*] Delete as appropriate
6) Effects of cancellation
- To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
- If you cancel this contract, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us).
- We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you.
- We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than:
- 14 days after the day we received back from you any goods supplied; or
- (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have returned the goods; or
- if there were no goods supplied, 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this contract.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
- If you have received goods:
- you will send them back or hand them over to us at our registered office without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your cancellation from this contract to us. The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired
- you will have to bear the direct cost of returning the goods. The cost is estimated at a average maximum of approximately £6, depending on the amount of goods being returned
- you are only liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods.
- All Deliveries are sent by Royal Mail, we can arrange a courier to deliver large orders if you contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone. We cannot deliver to PO Boxes. For UK deliveries please allow 3-5 working days from clearance of funds. For international deliveries please contact our office for further information. Delivery charges are calculated by destination.
- If something happens which:
- is outside of our control; and
- affects the estimated date of delivery; we will let you have a revised estimated date for delivery of the goods.
- Delivery of the goods will take place when we deliver them to the address that you gave to us.
- We cannot deliver the goods if we are unable to properly identify you. Please provide our driver with a form of ID (passport or photocard driving licence).
- Unless you and we agree otherwise, if we cannot deliver your goods within 30 days, we will:
- let you know;
- cancel your order; and
- give you a refund.
- If nobody is available to take delivery, please contact Royal Mail or Courier using the tracking details sent to you in the order confirmation email. If there is a problem with the delivery company, please contact us using the contact details at the top of this page.
- You are responsible for the goods when delivery has taken place. In other words, the risk in the goods passes to you when you take possession of the goods. Unfortunately, due to customs laws relating to posted goods and VAT we can only accept sales and deliveries for the UK.
9) Nature of the goods
- Payment can be made online by debit, credit card or Paypal accounts. All payments will be settled in GBP. We accept the following: Mastercard, Visa and Visa Electron.
- Your credit card or debit card will only be charged when the goods are dispatched.
- All payments by credit card or debit card need to be authorised by the relevant card issuer. We may also need to use extra security steps via the card providers verification process.
- Nothing in this clause affects your legal rights to cancel the contract during the ‘cooling off’ period under Clauses 5 and 6.
- The price of the goods:
- is in pounds sterling (£)(GBP);
- includes VAT at the applicable rate; and
- does include the cost of delivery and packaging for the goods where stated on the website basket pages.
10) Faulty goods
- You have certain legal rights (also known as ‘statutory rights’), for example, the goods:
- are of satisfactory quality;
- are fit for purpose; and
- match the description.
- We must provide you with goods that comply with your legal rights.
- The packaging of the goods may be different from that shown on the site.
- While we try to make sure that:
- all weights, sizes and measurements set out on the site are as accurate as possible; and
- the colours of our goods are displayed accurately on the site, the actual colours that you see on your computer may vary depending on the monitor that you use.
- Any goods sold:
- at discount prices;
- as remnants; or
- as substandard; will be identified and sold as such. Please check that they are of a satisfactory quality for their intended use.
- If we can’t supply certain goods we may need to substitute them with alternative goods of equal or better standard and value. In this case:
- we will let you know if we intend to do this but this may not always be possible; and
- you can refuse to accept such substitutes, in which case we will offer you a refund or a replacement and let you know how long such an offer remains open for.
11) End of the contract
- Nothing in this contract affects your legal rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (also known as ‘statutory rights’). You may also have other rights in law.
- Please contact us using the contact details at the top of this page, if you want:
- us to replace the goods;
- a price reduction; or
- to reject the goods and get a refund.
If this contract is ended it will not affect our right to receive any money which you owe to us under this contract.
12) Limit on our responsibility to you
- Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude in law (such as for death or personal injury) or arising under applicable laws relating to the protection of your personal information, we are not legally responsible for:
- losses that: (a) were not foreseeable to you and us when the contract was formed; or (b) that were not caused by any breach on our part;
- business losses; and
- losses to non-consumers.
14) Third party rights
- We will try to resolve any disputes with you quickly and efficiently.
- If you are unhappy with:
- the goods;
- our service to you; or
- any other matter; please contact us as soon as possible. If a dispute cannot be resolve using our internal complaint handling procedure, we will let you know that we cannot settle the dispute with you.
- If you want to take court proceedings, the courts of the part of the United Kingdom in which you live will have non-exclusive jurisdiction in relation to this contract.
- The laws of Scotland will apply to this contract.
No one other than a party to this contract has any right to enforce any term of this contract. However, if a person acquires the goods lawfully from you, you may transfer our guarantee to that person.